THE ROOMDOCK RENT COLLECTION SERVICE TERM OF USE
Roomdock, LLC (“Roomdock”) provides access to an Internet-based electronic payment service for monthly rental payments (the "Payment Service"). The Payment Service is offered via on-line credit/debit card payment options (each, an “Electronic Payment”). The Payment Service is offered to facilitate electronic transactions between renters ("Room Seekers" or “Payors”) and their respective property owners or property managers (“Room Providers" or “Payees”). Collectively, Room Seekers and Room Providers will also be referred to as “Users,” “User”, or “you.”
1) User agrees that he/she will use the Payment Service only for the purposes of facilitating rental payments and other related transactions electronically.
2) User understands and agrees that Roomdock is not and has not represented itself as a real estate brokerage or property management company.
3) User agrees that Roomdock is not acting as a real estate brokerage on behalf of the Room Seeker or Room Provider in connection with the electronic payments. Any action taken by Roomdock on behalf of the User is and will be within the course and scope of Roomdock’s Payment Service for accepting Payer’s rent payments electronically, verifying the payment's authenticity, and remitting payment to the Payee. The electronic payment will be processed in compliance with all privacy laws and confidentiality protections for all users and in full compliance with all fair housing requirements of Governing authorities in Federal, State, and Local jurisdictions.
4) Roomdock uses a third-party service provider (“Third-Party Payment Service”) to collect and remit Electronic Payments within the Payment Services. This Third-Party Payment Service may have additional terms and conditions, and User is responsible for independently verifying and insuring their compliance with such terms and conditions. THE THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE CONTROLS THE RULES GOVERNING VOIDING OR CANCELLING PAYMENTS, AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWS ON HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS, AND THE TIME FRAME FOR DEPOSIT INTO PAYEE’S ACCOUNT ONCE PAYER HAS INITIATED THE TRANSACTION, ETC. ROOMDOCK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR DELAYS OR ERRORS RESULTING FROM A PROBLEM WITH THE THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE, USER’S RELIANCE ON THE THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE, OR USER’S INABILITY TO ACCESS SUCH THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE. Payer and Payee acknowledge that they are responsible for complying with any debit card or credit card agreements, terms, or conditions applicable to their debit card or credit card as well as any and all costs associated with using the debit card or credit card to process a payment on the Payment Service.
5) User acknowledges that Roomdock has made no guarantee of any kind with regard to the obligations of the Room Provider to Room Seeker under the lease or rental agreement, nor is Roomdock a party to any lease or rental agreement entered into between Room Seeker and Room Provider.
6) User acknowledges that Roomdock is only responsible for processing the electronic transactions that the Payer initiates and does not hold itself out as a collection agency nor does it in any way guarantee payments by the Payer. The User understands that Roomdock will supply both the Room Seeker and Room Provider with a timely electronic confirmation via email acknowledging that a particular transaction has been received by Roomdock and posted to the Payer's and Payee's Transaction History. If such notification is not received, Roomdock makes no guarantee that the transaction was ever received by Roomdock or that the payment was ever posted to the Payer's and Payee's Transaction History. Absent an email confirmation of receipt, it is solely the responsibility of the Payer to ensure that their payment has been properly received by the Payee. Additionally, it is the Payer's responsibility to ensure that such transactions are received by the Payee in a timely basis according to the terms of the separate lease or rental agreement executed between the Room Seeker and Room Provider. Any dispute between the Room Seeker and Room Provider regarding amount of payment, timing of payment, lack of payment, late-charges incurred, overdue rent, stoppage of a recurring payment, and the like will be handled exclusively between the Room Seeker and Room Provider. Roomdock is merely providing an electronic rent transaction service to facilitate rent payments between the Room Seeker and Room Provider and does not inherit the risk assumed by any party in relation to any transactions performed through the Payment Service.
7) Room Provider must register their accommodations and input the necessary information for such accommodations on Roomdock’s website. Roomdock intends only to provide a medium through which Room Providers can collect, and Room Seekers can remit payment for, due rents or other related fees electronically. Therefore, Room Provider will be responsible for registering with Roomdock, registering its properties with Roomdock, and inputting the correct information on Roomdock such as the amount of rent due each month. The Roomdock staff is on-call for any questions or guidance that the Room Provider may have throughout the process. Room Provider must ensure any settings for their profile or property records meet all applicable regulations and laws as Roomdock is not responsible for reviewing profile and property settings, for example reviewing late fee settings to ensure they meet local and state laws.
9) Fees for Payment Service:
a) Room Seekers Sending Payments.
i) Roomdock Service Fees. Roomdock does not charge any fees to Room Seekers for using the Payment Service.
ii) Third-Party Payment Service Fees. Roomdock does not charge any Third-Party Payment Service fees to Room Seekers for using the Payment Service.
iii) Due Date; Returned Payments, NSF and Card Declined. Electronic Payments for monthly rent are due within three (3) days of the monthly due date, as outlined in your lease agreement. Any amount outstanding on the fourth (4th) day after the monthly due date may incur late charges. Payer will be responsible for any late charges and Payer hereby authorizes Roomdock to take all necessary steps to recover any such charges from the Payer, including but not limited to, directly debiting the Payer’s bank account for the amount due plus any associated transaction fees. If your card is declined for any reason, you will be notified by Roomdock within twenty-four (24) hours. At that point, it is your sole responsibility to update your payment method and pay any late charges, if applicable.
b) Room Providers Receiving Payments. Room Providers will be charged ten percent plus thirty cents (10% + $0.30) of each Electronic Payment as a service fee for maintaining and offering the Payment Service. This service fee will cover any fees for both Roomdock and the Third-Party Payment Service. For example, a monthly rent of $700.00 will incur a service fee of $70.30, which will be deducted from the amount paid to Room Provider (meaning Room Provider will receive $629.70). From time to time, at Roomdock’s sole discretion, Roomdock may provide specials and discounts off service fees for the Payment Service. Such discounts are not guaranteed and may change without notice to you.
c) Roomdock reserves the right at any time to charge and/or increase fees for access to portions of the Payment Service or the Payment Service as a whole. In no event will you be charged for access to portions of the Payment Service or to the Payment Service unless Roomdock obtains prior consent to pay such charges. You will pay all fees and charges incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred, including but not limited to charges for any services offered through the Payment Service by Roomdock, or by any other vendor or service provider. You will pay all applicable taxes relating to the use of the Payment service through your account.
d) Roomdock will provide the Payment Service for the amount and duration set for each listing within the Roomdock Platform and agreed upon by the parties. Any changes such as hold-overs, early termination, excessive damage, etc. will not be handled through the Payment Service. Room Provider and Room Seeker are solely responsible for collecting and remitting such payments outside of the Payment Service and Roomdock is not liable, directly or indirectly, for any disagreement or discrepancy of such payments.
11) Roomdock reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Payment Service with or without notice. User aggress that Roomdock is not liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Payment Service.